Monday 22 January 2007

Cary Grant

I'm a Old Time Movie lover so I'll pop in from time to time with an actor or movie from the Golden Oldies Era.


Cary Grant isn't exactly my favourite but he's pretty good, the best movies I like him in are:

Bringing Up Baby
Charade
To Catch A Thief
North by Northwest
Topper (He dies very early on in this one but he stays in the story)
My Favourite Wife (He gets two wives, very funny situation!)
His Girl Friday
The Philadelphia Story (remake: High Society)
Talk Of The Town (Good sprinkling of Law philosophy)
Arsenic And Old Lace (It's unpleasant to have a murderer for a brother, then again it's worse to find out that your two sweet aunts are also murderers!)
The Bishop's Wife (the Bishop's Anglican; I think it would've been better if he swapped characters with David Niven)
I Was A Male War Bride
People Will Talk
Father Goose (He talks with some Aussies, supposedly)



1 comment:

Pam H. said...

In addition to Chesterton, we both like Cary Grant and other old movies, old music, and Enya.

We don't really say Howdy much, in Texas. It just sounded like a Texas thing to say. Thought I would give you a surprise. Good luck with the blogging!